Lots of us have to take multiple flights to get to our final destination. Sometimes the wait between flights will be long, others, short. We all want to get to our spot pronto but it’s important to remember that it doesn’t take 5 minutes to disembark our plane and get to our next flight.
It’s really important to do some time estimates before you choose and purchase a connection flight. Bear these and any others you can think of in mind:
- Your first flight could be late
- It can take up to an hour to get off a 747
- Your next departure gate could be quite a trek
- Your next departure gate could be in a different terminal
- Your departure airport may be different than the one you land in
- You might have to clear customs before continuing with the rest of your journey
- You might have to collect your luggage as not all carriers have agreements together or specfic country customs laws require this
- The ever present “miscellaneous” reason should always be given some time as well
That said, enjoy your flight and holiday!
April 23rd, 2006